Friday, September 6, 2013

Coffee, broken laptops & Pitt

Today was one of those days when stresses lead to joys and I look back on myself and amusedly shake my head for having been so worried.
My laptop wasn't working and I was told that the hard-drive was broken, I would need to go to the Apple store to get it fixed and I would probably lose all of my data. [ugh] Que stress attack. Luckily that night some of my friends were planning to go out to the Pittsburgh area for dinner so I asked Rocco if he would drive me out ahead of time to get my computer checked out by the Genius Bar cool kids at Apple. He agreed and we left for a 6pm appointment (...we arrived at 6:30pm) He could obviously tell I was highly stressed about this whole situation so he rolled downed the windows, told me I could plug in my iPod and blasted music for the whole of the 45 min drive. I couldn't help but relax into the seat, smile, close my eyes and sing along. Glorious. 
Once we got into the Pittsburgh area I was shocked at what I found. Being a die-hard Clevelander I had a bad mental image of Pittsburgh but once we got into the college town area, I fell in love (almost forgetting it was Steelers' territory) Streets lined with tiny shops and stores surrounded by brick apartments is definitely my kind of setting. As Rocco and I walked from the car to the Apple store we passed a coffee shop and a book store, making a mental note that we needed to stop there on the way back. 
Long story short, my computer was fixed. They did, however, need some time to fix it which gave Rocco and I a good opportunity to check out the above mentioned coffee shop and bookstore. Rocco must have been highly amused because when I walked into this little store I transformed into a little kid in a candy shop: books, tea, mugs, literary t-shirts, cards, stationary, calendars and useless adorable knick-knacks lined the walls and shelves. It was perfect. To top it all off Rocco bought me a mug as a birthday present. Goodness.
We next walked to the coffee shop and ordered one medium coffee, one medium iced coffee and two cinnamon almond chocolate dipped biscotti, sat down in a corner, drank, talked and ate. It was my idea way to pass the time with a friend. So much good.
We then picked up my laptop and drove to the restaurant, Burgatory, and met up with our friends there. After getting back to campus we decided to drive down to the river bank where Rocco, Joe, John, Kiran and I sat, talked, threw rocks, and just enjoyed eachother's company for a good almost 2 hours. Back to campus we then went where the guys smoked and talked for another good 2 hours and I had yet another good conversation with Joe. 
It's the little things: espresso, conversation, sunsets, books, coffee, Genius-Bar-geniuses, music and car rides. I am so very grateful for the amazing people I've been given in my life and all of the incredible conversations had with them. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment