Sunday, September 8, 2013

birthday weekend

Saturday:
There was a low Mass on campus that I went to (which was gorgeous) and then Joe invited me impromptu to his house with Joe and Rocco. So the rest of the day was spent relaxing at Joe's house with good conversation ending in an evening relaxing on his porch with wine for all and cigars for the guys enjoying each other's company after which we walked the property praying a rosary for peace in Syria. It is one of my favorite things to pray with friends -- it is such a bonding experience. By this point we were all pretty worn out and so we went to bed -- the boys in the living room and I in a real bed. Having chivalrous guy friends is the best :P
Sunday:
I woke up to Joe's adorable little kitten crawling all over me and finally falling asleep across my neck. I got up, saw the guys were still asleep, and went outside to get some homework done. After everybody had woken up and had a sufficient amount of coffee (4 cups in my case) we went to Mass. Afterwards we ran into Joe's old friend who invited us over to her coffee shop and gave up coffee and pastries. It was really nice because the shop was closed so it was just the four of us and her. The rest of the afternoon was spent studying, reading and playing some catch.
As soon as we were back on campus Joe, Joe and Rocco kept shouting from the car "It's Liz's birthday!!" Then I got back to my dorm where Becca and Melissa dragged me in, balloon and cake in hand, to see my decorated dorm room and my loverly roomie Molly =] (they also commented that I smelled like smoke and man.)
I'm so blessed to have people who are so so sweet to me.

with love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment