Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First day of classes

This morning began with a leisurely amount of time to get ready, visit the chapel and then head off for a nice breakfast with Melissa before walking together to our 9:30 class, Advanced Comp I. Let me describe this teacher (who I at first mistook for a student) She is young, blonde, well-dressed and highly opinionated. From our first class together I now know she is an environmentalist, pro-breast feeding, Victoria's Secret - hating, women's rights advocating, Catholic, married, mother of two, English professor named Becca (or Professor Becca if you're feeling formal.) I admire her firm "fight-for-my-beliefs-but-still-be-Rogerian-about-it" attitude but also find her deceptively terrifying -- a harsh critic under a sweet front. So we shall see. But I do find it greatly comforting to be taking this class with Melissa. She is such a beautiful person and is also a lover of writing & blogging. Hence our mini photo shoot after class...
I kept staring at my foot all day today and showing people and rambling and generally freaking out...
I want more. It's a problem. I want a big ol sunflower possibly on my thigh. I absolutely adore sunflowers -- they are so happy, hopeful and obnoxiously bright as if they're screaming at you "have joy, dang it!" I think it would be a perfect tattoo to cover up old scars but I don't know if I'm ready to let that part of me go yet. We shall see.
Anyways I'll leave this post for now. I hope to get a run in later tonight and go to bed early so that I can better face my 5 classes tomorrow :P

No comments:

Post a Comment