Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Happy Things

Hello wonderful human beings!
So here is just a little list of things that have been making my material world a better place lately :P

1.) SCENTED CANDLES. 
In particular the Water Lily & Aloe ones from Target. A lot of scented candles are too sweet or overpowering in someway but these are perfect -- light, clean, and fresh. Love.
candle, candle, burning bright....
2.) Home-Roasted Coffee & Co-workers.
Sunday evening I drove one of my co-workers, Adam, to an art gallery so that he could drop of his work. After that he treated me to Piccadilly's (YUM!) and we went back to his apartment where his dog knocked me over with some loving. We took her to the park and just had a relaxing, enjoyable time. Before I left he gave me a jar of home-roasted coffee beans spiced with cinnamon & nutmeg. It smelled like heaven and tasted delicious. He had named the blend "over it" because by the time he had finished he was "so over" making it. 
This all made me so happy not only because they were good events & good coffee but because it was my first real time hanging out with this guy outside of work & I have admired and thought he was a freaking boss my past 3 years of working there. For him to enjoy my company in return makes me so happy. 
Shout out to his work here: http://www.adammarkanovic.com

3.) Alice in Wonderland Mug
I LOVE IT. Bought in Cali & looks like my childhood. WIN. 
{These photos were taken before work while consuming Adam's coffee}
PERFECTION. 
 4.) Cheap Make Up
Lemme tell you, Nordstrom Rack is the place to be. Super nice things for very affordable prices. I found Stilla make up for $3-4 dollars -- cheaper than the drugstore! Win.
The brown & green ones are glitter but the brown one is surprisingly wearable. It's soft and not overpowering. 
5.) Urban Outfitter's Sweatshirts.
The first one here is black with Looney Tunes: Bugs, Taz, and Daffy. Looney Tunes are my life. I own a collection of the episodes, Space Jam was my all time favorite movie, and as a kid (...and now...) my favorite concert at Blossom was the Cleveland Orchestra playing the soundtrack as people spread out on blankets and watched the cartoons roll on huge screens *sigh*
 Now of course I only shop the sale section at Urban so each of these were about 20 bucks. They are well made, adorable, and suuuuper soft and comfy. All I do is win, win, win, no matter what... got money on ma mind....
 The second one is this grey with the black outline of an elephant. It also has some gold detail one it. lovelovelove.
 These will be staples in my 2014 Fall wardrobe. I can invision it now... I'll have a 9am class and want 30mins to get to campus. I will finally awake to my phone telling me it's 8:20. I'll spring up, chuck on a sweater and some jeans, grab some coffee, and the day is saved :D

Well, that's that. I hope you & yours are finding the little things to make daily existence a bit more pleasant.

 That's all folks!
 with love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment