Thursday, October 10, 2013

pitt&handmaids

Molly's intentship and a spur of the moment Pittsburgh trip made yesterday really pretty wonderful.
Rocco and I went to the Steubenville cemetery, most specifically the veterans' graves. Why? I don't know. Cemeteries are beautiful. Problem is that I started crying. {uugghhh} I hate people seeing me cry. But I just started thinking about my grandpa, and cry I did. 
Richard Knab :)
He was amazing. My grandma, too.
look at them :)
Anyway, so Rocco and I were driving back towards campus but when we reached the highway split for Steubenville or Pittsburgh, we took the Pittsburgh exit. As we drove we played music and I freaked out over the amazing sky. Pretty usual for us. Pretty awesome. 
Our aim was a coffee shop in Shady Side called Coffee Tree Roasters. It's a dual level coffee shop with lots of room, good music, brilliant atmosphere and -- of course -- great coffee and pastry. Before we went here, however, we stopped in the Pittsburgh cathedral and it was actually breath-taking. We walked (I love the sound of footsteps on echoing against stone walls), admired, prayed for a good 20mins and then made our way to the coffee shop and then headed back home to campus.
Once on campus I helped my lovely little roommate intent to Handmaids of the Lord household. She was so so happy and I immensely happy for her. 


with love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment