Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

It's funny how things can go against our expectations. Since I broke up with my boyfriend in the summer, yesterday was my first "single Valentine's Day" in 5 years. I went through the stereotypical feelings of "Down with Valentine's Day!" but it ended up being one of the best to date.
The day before, I received two "Crushes" from two friends:
The next morning -- on the dreaded day itself -- I came into my 10am class to find this on my desk:
=) that made me so so unbelievably happy!
Then I checked my mail and I had some homemade brownies from my mom which reminded me of home. Lemme just say, my mom makes some kick-ass brownies. 
Later that night I went with Melissa and Annie to Latinos For Christ's event in our student center. We went with the intent of getting food and leaving (yes, we are wholly embracing our role as college girls)  But we ended up staying for over an hour dancing and letting loose. I am generally a reserved person. If you know me, I will dance like a fool in front of you, otherwise, NO. But that night I busted out my knowledge of salsa and other Latin dances and really enjoyed myself. Ethan and I made up dorky little Zumba routines to some of the songs -- and yes, our exercise tape is coming out soon on VHS compete with short-shorts and sweatbands.
After that we went to see my friend Mike and his little brother Dave at the former's dorm. Mike has been one of my good friends since we were 11 and I am so happy we have remained so. During the night we snuck around his dorm shamelessly seeking the room of a guy I find hella attractive  and have affectionately named "attractive pixie boy" :) So Mike and I found his door, left a note, ran away, and battled it out in ping-pong. 
The night ended with a long talk with Melissa and then my 12:45-1:45am Holy Hour. It was a good day & I am so grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life.

with love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment